29 May Handpainted Signwriting becoming more popular
Just the other day a friend was sent a photo of a sign writer on site hand painting a sign. The person who sent the photo to him said he could’nt believe that people still hand painted signs. With all the modern technology they thought sign writing by hand was dead and not relevant. The fact is that hand painted signwriting is becoming more popular.
A traditional sign writer can hand paint just about anything, whether a one off original sign or simple lettering in any type of font style. Anything can be achieved using a professional sign writer trained in brush art.
However there is a strong trend for hand painted sign writing and people are prepared to pay for hand painted signs for a number of reasons:
- Hand painted signs have more character. Customers always comment on the value of a ‘signwritten’ sign.
- Hand painted signs are often seen as a feature or a centre piece that creates more atmosphere.
- Hand painted signs actually become part of the wall or surface they are sign written on. They arent just stuck on.
- Hand painted signs last. SAV decals have a limited life. They will fail and peel at some stage and they arent suitable for rough and irregular surfaces.
- Hand painted signwriting can be applied to virtually any type of surface
- Hand painted signs have a very low impact on the environment compared to printed or cut vinyl signs. Sign writing a sign uses a tiny amount of paint. Vinyl media contains strong solvents. Vinyl signs produce a lot of waste that goes into landfill and who knows whether it will eventually break down or if it will leach toxins into the soil.
Our in house sign writers can give you high quality and long lasting sign for your business, school, cafe, hotel or creative needs. We can design or replicate any types of logo, image or design. Our sign writers have over 30 years of experience in all types of traditional hand painted sign writing as well as the other types of signage.
Get in touch today